NZ2415 was one of thirty P-51Ds bought by the RNZAF in the 1940's. WW II finished before they could see active service, however, they were re-activated in the 1950's and served with the four RNZAF Territorial Air Force (TAF) squadrons. NZ2415 of No. 3 TAF Squadron Canterbury is identified by the black and red chequer-board patterns either side of the fuselage roundel. This being a reference to the team colours of the Canterbury rugby team. A P-51D in this livery currently operates out of Ardmore Airfield in Auckland. Highly detailed model. Rotating prop, cockpit canopy slides open, removable pilot figure. Comes with display stand, and landing gear can be posed up or down. Approx. 200mm x 230mm (8" x 9").