Two seater World War One day bomber designed by Geoffrey De Havilland, hence the designation DH4. It entered service in 1917 with the RFC and saw action in Northern France and Italy. The DH4 was also flown by the RNAS/RAF on coastal patrols, as represented by this model. Armament consisted of a 0.303" Vickers machine gun for the pilot and a 0.303" Lewis gun on a Scarff ring for the observer. The DH4 could also carry two 230 lb bombs or four 112 lb bombs.